Dialog Between a Massagist Who Does Foot Massage and a Customer Who Does Office Work in USA

New Words:
1 awesome [ˈɔːsəm] 太棒了
2 coworker [‘kəʊˌwɜ:kə] 同事
3 accounting [əˈkaʊntɪŋ] 会计
4 tight [taɪt] 紧的
5 dress shoes [dres ‘ʃu:z] 职业鞋
6 sneakers [‘sni:kəz] 运动鞋
7 leather [ˈleðər] 皮革
8 sole [səʊl] 鞋底
9 cushion [ˈkʊʃn] 垫子
10 specific [spəˈsɪfɪk] 特定的,明确的
11 spot [spɒt] 斑点;点
12 definitely [ˈdefɪnətli] 一定,确定地
13 heel [hiːl] 脚后跟
14 sore [sɔːr]疼痛,酸痛
15 especially [ɪˈspeʃəli] 尤其; 特别
16 extra [ˈekstrə] 额外的
17 arch [ɑːtʃ] 足弓,足背
18 pressure [ˈpreʃər] 压力
19 tolerance [ˈtɒlərəns] 容忍
20 thumb [θʌm] 大拇指
21 tension [ˈtenʃn] 紧张,拉力;拉紧
22 intense [ɪnˈtens] 强烈的
23 knot [nɒt] 结
24 knuckle [ˈnʌkl] 指关节
25 fascia [ˈfeɪʃə] 筋膜
26 calf [kɑːf] 小腿肚
27 recommend [ˌrekəˈmend] 推荐
28 effective [ɪˈfektɪv] 有效的
29 stretch [stretʃ] 伸展
30 bend [bend] 弯曲
31 stiff [stɪf] 僵硬的
32 wrap [ræp] 包,裹
33 amazing [əˈmeɪzɪŋ] 令人惊奇/惊喜的
34 seriously [ˈsɪəriəsli] 严肃地; 认真地
35 flush out [flʌʃ aʊt] 驱走;冲掉

Lisa: Hi! I’m Lisa. How are you doing today?
丽莎:嗨!我是丽莎。你今天好吗?
Jake: Hey Lisa, I’m good, thanks. A little tired, but this warm water is already helping.
杰克:嘿,丽莎,我很好,谢谢。有点累,但这温水已经有所帮助了。
Lisa: Awesome! That’s what we like to hear. Is this your first foot massage with us?
丽莎:太棒了!这就是我们喜欢听到的。这是你第一次来我们这里做足部按摩吗?
Jake: Yeah, it’s my first time ever, actually. A coworker told me I should try it because my feet are always killing me.
杰克:是的,事实上,这是我第一次。一位同事告诉我,我应该试试,因为我的脚总是疼得要命。
Lisa: Oh, I get that. What kind of work do you do?
丽莎:哦,我明白了。你做什么工作?
Jake: I’m in accounting. I sit at a desk for like 8 or 9 hours a day.
杰克:我从事会计工作。我每天坐在办公桌前大约8到9个小时。
Lisa: (nodding) Okay, that explains a lot! Sitting all day can actually make your feet really tight.
丽莎:(点头)好吧,原来如此!整天坐着实际上会让你的脚很紧。
Jake: Really? I think you are right.
杰克:真的吗?我想你是对的。
Lisa: Do you wear dress shoes or sneakers to work?
丽莎:你上班穿正装鞋还是运动鞋?
Jake: Dress shoes. Leather soles, not much cushion.
杰克:正装鞋,皮制鞋底,鞋垫不厚。
Lisa: Yeah, that doesn’t help either. We’ll get those feet feeling better today. So, tell me—any specific spots that bother you the most?
丽莎:哦,那对脚也没帮助。今天我会让你的脚感觉更好些。请告诉我——你的脚有没有具体哪里感到不舒服?
Jake: Definitely my heels. They feel sore and kind of tight, especially in the morning when I first get out of bed.
杰克:当然是我的脚后跟,脚后跟总是感到疼痛和有点紧,尤其是在早上我起床的时候。
Lisa: We see that a lot with desk workers. I’ll spend some extra time on your heels and your arches today. How’s your pressure tolerance? Do you like it firm or gentle?
丽莎:我们经常在办公室工作人员身上看到这种情况。今天我会多花点额外的时间帮你按摩足跟和足弓。你的压力承受能力如何?你喜欢用点力还是轻一点?
Jake: I can handle firm.
杰克:用点力没问题。
Lisa: Alright! I’ll start light and work my way deeper. Just let me know if it’s too much, okay?
丽莎:好吧!我先轻一点,然后慢慢过渡到重一点。如果太重了请告诉我,好吗?
Jake: Deal.
杰克:好。
(Lisa dries Jake’s left foot and applies lotion. She begins with long strokes from heel to toe.)
(丽莎擦干杰克的左脚,涂上乳液。她从脚跟到脚趾方向开始按摩。)
Lisa: How’s that?
丽莎:怎么样?
Jake: Oh, that’s nice. Really smooth.
杰克:噢,太好了。真的很舒服。
Lisa: Good. Now I’m going to use my thumbs to dig into your arch a little. This is where all the tension lives from sitting in a chair all day with your feet flat on the floor.
丽莎:很好。现在,我要用我的拇指在你的足弓上点按。这就是整天坐在椅子上,双脚平放在地板上的所有紧张感所在。
(She presses firmly into his arch.)
(她用力按压足弓。)
Jake: Whoa! Right there. That’s… that’s intense.
杰克:哇!就那里。…好疼!
Lisa: Is that okay? Or do you want me to ease up?
丽莎:可以吗?还是你想让我轻一点?
Jake: No, keep it. It hurts but my foot feels like it’s waking up, you know?
杰克:不,继续。很疼,但我的脚感觉好像更舒服了,你知道吗?
Lisa: Yeah, that’s exactly what’s happening. You’ve got some knots in here. Try to breathe through it and relax your foot. Don’t tense up against me.
丽莎:是的,要的就是这样。这里有些结,试着深呼吸、放松你的脚。别紧张。
(Jake takes a deep breath and exhales.)
(杰克深吸一口气。)
Jake: Okay. That’s better.
杰克:好吧。好多了。
Lisa: Great. Now I’m going to work on your heel. I’ll use my knuckles here to break up that tight fascia.
丽莎:太好了。现在我要按摩你的脚后跟。我会用我的指关节来揉散紧绷的筋膜。
(She uses her knuckles to apply circular pressure on his heel.)
(她用指关节环形按压他的脚跟。)
Jake: Oh man. That’s really deep. I can feel it all the way up my calf.
杰克:哦,天哪。很给力。我感到串到我的小腿上了。
Lisa: That’s totally normal. The heel and the calf are connected. Actually, I’d recommend you get a little tennis ball and roll it under your foot while you’re sitting at your desk. Do that for 5 minutes a day and it’ll help a ton.
丽莎:对,脚跟和小腿是相连的。事实上,我建议你拿一个小网球,办公时放到脚下用脚来回压滚。每天做5分钟,会很有帮助。
Jake: Really? A tennis ball?
杰克:真的吗?网球?
Lisa: Yep! Cheap and effective. Just keep it under your desk and roll your foot over it during work.
丽莎:是的!便宜又有效。办公时放到脚下来回压滚。
Jake: I’ll try that. Anything else?
杰克:我试试。还有别的办法吗?
Lisa: Yeah — try to get up and walk around every hour. Even just for one minute. It keeps the blood flowing.
丽莎:有 —— 办公时试着每隔一小时走一走,哪怕就一分钟,也有助于血液循环。
Jake: That I can probably do.
杰克:我也许能做到。
(Lisa moves to his toes and gently stretches them.)
(丽莎轻轻地伸展他的脚趾。)
Lisa: Okay, last thing. I’m going to stretch your toes. This gets the blood moving after all that sitting.
丽莎:好的,最后,我要伸展你的脚趾。坐了这么久,血液就开始流动了。
Jake: (laughs) I didn’t even know my toes could bend like that!
杰克:(笑)我甚至不知道我的脚趾会弯成那样!
Lisa: (smiling) They can! They’re just stiff from being in shoes all day.
丽莎:(微笑)他们可以!他们只是整天穿着鞋子而变得僵硬。
(She finishes with light tapping on the bottom of his foot.)
(她轻轻拍打他的脚底。)
Lisa: Alright, left foot is done! Let me wrap it in a warm towel and we’ll do the right one.
丽莎:好的,左脚做完了!我用温暖的毛巾把左脚包起来,我们现在做右脚。
Jake: Man, that was amazing. I already feel lighter.
杰克:真的,太神奇了。我已经感觉轻松了很多。
Lisa: I’m glad! The right foot will probably feel similar. Same spots?
丽莎:很高兴(你的脚轻松了)!右脚可能会有类似的感觉。同样的痛点?
Jake: Probably. My right heel always hurts worse.
杰克:也许吧。我的右脚跟总是疼得更厉害。
Lisa: Got it. We’ll take good care of it. Just relax and enjoy.
丽莎:知道了。我会给你好好按摩的。放松享受吧。
(Lisa repeats the same process on his right foot. A few minutes pass in comfortable silence.)
(丽莎以同样的手法按摩右脚。舒适地沉默数分钟。)
(After finishing both feet, Lisa wraps them both in warm towels.)
(做完双脚后,丽莎用温暖的毛巾把它们包起来。)
Lisa: All done, Jake! How do they feel?
丽莎:都做完了,杰克!感觉如何?
Jake: (stretching his legs out) Like I’m walking on clouds. Seriously, I didn’t realize how much tension I was carrying down there.
杰克:(伸开双腿)就像我在云端行走。说真的,我没有意识到我在那里承受了多大的压力。
Lisa: Desk work does that. Just remember that tennis ball trick and take those little walking breaks, okay?
丽莎:案头工作就是这样。记住足底压滚网球和每隔1小时走一走,好吗?
Jake: I will. Thanks so much, Lisa.
杰克:我会的。非常感谢,丽莎。
Lisa: You’re welcome! Take your time getting up. Drink some water today—it helps flush out the tightness. I’ll see you at the front desk when you’re ready.
丽莎:不客气!慢慢起来吧。喝点水,有助于缓解紧绷感。等你准备好了,我在前台等你。
Jake: Sounds good. Thanks again!
杰克:好的。再次感谢!
(Lisa smiles and walks away. Jake wiggles his toes under the warm towels and grins, already planning his next visit.)
(丽莎微笑着走开了。杰克的脚趾在温暖的毛巾下扭了扭,咧嘴一笑,已经在计划下一次按摩了。)


Leave a Reply